Posted: 19.07.21 at 12:40 by The Editor
Bourne is back in the swim as the town's outdoor pool re-opened today.
Hot weather and blue skies greeted the first customers as the pool on Abbey Lawns opened its doors at 10.30am.
Business was said to be brisk at the pool, which due to pandemic restrictions did not open at all last year.
Today's re-opening coincides with the government's Freedom Day, July 19, when many Covid-related restrictions are eased or removed.
It also comes amid predictions of a high of 29C (84F) this afternoon from the Met Office and more hot weather expected all week.
The pool is run by volunteers and fundraising is underway to help fund maintenance and secure its future.
Yesterday, the pool commented on Facebook: "We are getting a million messages so here is the info you need …
• We open at 10.30 TOMORROW – MONDAY 19TH JULY 2021.
• Closing at 6.30 pm – whistle blown 15 mins prior to this.
• There is NO PRE-BOOKING FOR SWIMS.
• Monday/Tuesday will be CASH ONLY – the machine has broken – new one on the way #lastminuteglitch.
• Prices are on our website – but see photo in this post also.
• Opening times are also on our website – but see photo in this post also.
• For enquiries regarding Private Hires – please see Supervisor on duty during day or telephone the poolside office on 01778 422063.
• Full schedule of extra sessions e.g., Fun Nights, Early swims etc will be posted in a couple of days.
• Pool Temperature is approx. 23 degrees.
• Yes we have changing rooms, showers, lockers to hire.
• Café will be open.
• Non swimmers must stay in the shallow end and not cross the black line.
A video of what to expect at the pool can be seen here.